Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sunday July 28, 2013

Sunday July 28, 2013  update #526
If you have trouble accessing our business websites for Eleggant Hooks, namely www.elegganthooks.com or www.motionmagique.com please use our generic website http://bourbj.tripod.com/ as it is working well, even though I can’t change anything on it right now.   This has been the most frustrating week.  Still no word on fixing our websites from anyone.
Bella is having very interrupted sleeps so it is a good thing she can remain quiet and recuperate.
The sun was shining in a beautiful blue sky so I had to get rid of some cabin fever.  I decided to take the #16 to Avenida Solano and catch the Turi bus up the hill to the church, etc.  However, that bus never showed up so I walked, and walked, uphill, to the staircase marked with 439 steps and onward and upward some more.  I had a lot of time, so I paced myself.
It started to cloud over and it was pretty breezy, unusual for Cuenca, so hots became a waiting game for the sun to peek through and illuminate El Centro for me.
Once up at the Turi church I followed the road to the right and climbed a hill to get a view of the Inca terrace on the adjacent mountainside.   Not too many folks realize they are even there.  I also got a couple of shots of indigenous people doing their chores.   I caught one old lady on the road gathering firewood, and it wasn’t until I processed the shot that I realized she was barefoot on that gravel road.  They sure are tough people.
On my way back I saw the fellow that had bought the mountaintop to the right of Turi had his business operation in full swing.   He is charging $1 to climb up to enjoy the magnificent views, food, and I saw folks enjoying his swing that extends over the edge of the mountain.  That is not an exercise for the faint of heart.
I hung around Turi for a while hoping to catch a plane or jet coming in over the city centre and I was eventually rewarded.  I had a nice chat with a 42-year-old chap from Tennessee who is scouting our fine city.   He has a wife and 5 kids and is looking to move here and start a business.   I wish him luck.
On my return trek down the mountain, I think I was moving even slower, getting pretty tired by now.  I walked along 24 de Mayo and came cross some pleasant farm animals.  The horse came outside the fence along the road and that did not seem to bother the old indigenous woman working in her garden.
I knew there was a bus stop somewhere along the Universidad De Azuay but it is not marked.  The #16 came by but the driver just pointed forward as he drove up another ½ block.   Naturally he did not wait for me and I sure as heck wasn’t up for running, so that meant I got to rest for 15 minutes.
I got off the bus early to check out a few more movies at my favorite video store and managed to find 4 that might be interesting.
Then I walked to Monay Shopping Mall to pick up KFC for supper as I had instructions, and a $1 off coupon, from Bella.   By this time I am really dragging my a**.
I get home and Bella tells me we have no hot water.  I had just switched the tank that morning and had a hot shower so this struck me as very odd.  We checked the tanks, switched them gain, and back, replaced the tank’s rubber grommet, and double-checked the batteries.  At least we can hear the spark firing but the gas is not getting through the unit for some reason.   It is still under warranty so I am asking my buddy Jorge, via his daughter Gabriela if he can help me get this repaired quickly.
What a nutso few days we have been having!
Hmmmm, 3 hours later and I try the hot water again and it is again working perfectly….   How bizarre is that???
I got a note on Facebook that my Grandson Dawson was going to a Junior A hockey camp in Indiana, driving there 3,000 miles with his other Grandpa, Gordie.  I saw Gordie come up on Skype so I called and my Granddaughter Danai answered, surprising the heck out of me.  Then they put on the video and I was pleasantly surprised to see Dawson and my daughter Jill were also there!!  Apparently Gordie and Dawson are leaving in the morning so it was fortuitous that I happened to catch them.
I won’t get all the photos uploaded today, just about ½.   I’ll do the rest tomorrow.

That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al   Please see all new photos at http://souvenircuenca.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment if you like...