Friday, August 02, 2013

Friday August 2, 2013

Friday August 2, 2013  update #531
Happy Birthday to my grandson Tyson!!!
Well, last night and this morning the Motion Magique website was redirecting to our actual site but not elegganthooks.com so I had to call Network Solutions again.   Within 2 hours they had everything working, Hallelujah!!!
After chores I headed downtown on a quest for more movies and to try to get the new Lone Ranger on DVD.  I found 8 on my wanted list and blew my $10 budget, so when I finally did find Lone Ranger, filmed in a theatre, I was not able to buy it.   I’ll pick it up another day.
There was a beautiful display of art by 3 artists at the City Hall, 2 of which I liked very much, Guido Marquez and Sylvia Astudillo, so I got a lot of good photos of their wonderful work.   The camera was very busy today.   Even La Merced Church, the old white one, was open today for the first time.
I was working away on my pictures and Tom Thumb came and sat on my rope outside.   He must really like the new nectar I put out today because he was warning away all other hummingbirds for a solid 15 minutes.  I finally decided to chance getting a few shots, first through the screen and window,   Then I slid the window very slowly and he did not move so I took more shots.  Then I got braver and very slowly slid the screen open because it makes a lot of noise usually and he still did not budge so I got a few more.   It is odd how he can look so fat and pudgy when sitting, and so elongated when he is flying.  With practice I will get better at shooting Mr. Thumb.

That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al   Please see all new photos at http://souvenircuenca.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment if you like...