Thursday, August 29, 2013

Thursday August 29, 2013

Thursday August 29, 2013  update #556
Bella was off to teach Bridge today and is impressed with her crop of students, not one has dropped out yet…  One of her students at the party last night also commented on how good she is at teaching.  Way to go Bella!
I did my usual thing and tried to figure out some local news, some from Twitter.  Google Translate is pretty bad for translating anything from Spanish so a person has to guess a lot.   Apparently Coopera employees are striking because they have lost jobs????  And the Police in Quito are posting about violence in futbol stadiums and how they won’t use tear gas or rubber bullets….  I could find nothing about a recent incident that would have caused those remarks….
Then I again got ready and hobbled my way downtown for yet another Coopera meeting.  Typically the crowd kept filtering in until it was SRO.  We ended with a roomful of Ecuadorians and regrettably only 3 of us Expats.  Luckily I had a young man raised in Toronto next to me so he gave me some play by play.  When the lawyer and the VP of the group started calling each other liars, then most of the crowd was appealing for calm and unity.    There is just so much misinformation and paranoia now that it is a real chore to sit and listen to the repetitive rhetoric.  I left early, my back had had enough, and I asked the young fellow to send me a quick synopsis after the meeting.    I hope he does.
Our proposed venue for the Hearts Of Gold Xmas Gala is not being very cooperative and my patience is getting really short with them.  It doesn’t help that I am angry upon awakening these days.  The Coopera fiasco is wearing me down and is ruining my enjoyment of this lovely country.
That was the day’s excitement.  Cheers, Al   

Please see all new photos at http://souvenircuenca.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment if you like...