Saturday, August 31, 2013

Saturday August 31, 2013

Saturday August 31, 2013 update #558
Drat!  I woke at 4am and the mind started working overtime.  Finally I quit fighting it and just got up at 6am.  It was a blustery day today, and really chilly, so we bundled up and got some work done.
First I worked on an ambitious agenda for a possible meeting to unite all the Coopera groups.  Frankly I think it is an exercise in futility because the 2 Ecuadorian groups have already shown they desire their independence and don’t seek much input from us expats.  We will see if Trish is capable of luring both groups to a common table to plan some strategy.
Next I had to work on ideas for the Hearts Of Gold Gala in December.  We are having a test meal on Thursday so we hope that flies well because I sure don’t want to start from scratch again.
We both got ready and headed over to Joe’s Secret Garden.   Bella retrieved her umbrella from Wednesday’s birthday party (she loses an umbrella per month I think) while I was busy doing my usual photography business.  I even got paid for a couple of portraits I did for one couple 2 weeks ago.
Before we left, I hauled Joe out of the kitchen and turned him around and the whole room sang him Happy Birthday.   He mentioned that tomorrow is Joseph’s birthday, and I would have started a song for Joseph too but we had our cab waiting to go home.   Maybe someone else did, I don’t know.
That was the day’s excitement.  Cheers, Al   
Please see all new photos at http://souvenircuenca.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment if you like...