Friday, August 23, 2013

Friday August 23, 2013

Friday August 23, 2013  update #551
I was awake early enough and got to work on my chores.   This little secretarial chair I use is not conducive to a back injury recovery so basically I aggravated my condition today.
Bella was off to her charity crochet and knit group this morning.
The drugs were barely sufficient for me to get ready and go to yet another Coopera meeting at the Prefect’s office.  Surprise, surprise, they had lots of press there so they actually started only 10 minutes late with Jose Montesinos giving a long monologue  the whole time.   There were only 4 of us Expats there and the only possible interpreter, Elisa, was stuck in the bunch of locals so 2 of us made our exit within 15 minutes to allow some ladies to have a seat.
We did find out today that our protest was successful.   Nobody from our group volunteered to be duped into being a delegate for the SEPS deception team.  This means they now have to allow at least 30 elected delegates, but this is contingent on the court case on Monday.  With any luck, we will be able show all the illegalities in their process and force them to refund all our money.   We are crossing our fingers.
As I was walking out, one of our lawyers, Dr. Quito was giving an interview in the hallway so I stopped for a moment.   It was then that I met the father of our Coopera Branch Manager Juan.   Senor Palacios has been at many of our meetings and it seems that we are all in agreement as to the skullduggery that has occurred.   I sent a text message to Elisa to try to supply me with a summary of the meeting.
On my way to the bus stop I saw some kids enjoying the fountain in the San Blas Square.   Kids and water… what can you say….
I tried to get some business card stock at the small Papeleria Monsalves on Guapondelig and was shocked that they had no prepared paper stock at all, no business cards, no invitations, etc.   Next door I purchased a keychain fob (like Bella has) which stores money to pay for the bus rides.  My transit card is still good but I am always self-conscious about pulling out my wallet every time I get on a bus.   I will keep the card for visitors to use.
I then decided to check at Coral for the business card stock and they did have some, so I bought 2 packets.
That was today’s excitement.  Cheers, Al   

Please see all new photos at http://souvenircuenca.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment if you like...