Monday, August 19, 2013

Monday August 19, 2013

Monday August 19, 2013  update #548
Bella was looking after groceries today and resting before she begins another round of Bridge lessons.   
I, on the other hand, spent almost my whole day sorting out thoughts on the Coopera liquidation issue before attending yet another meeting at the Prefect's office.
Ecuador time,.... that time-honored tradition of showing up late for everything.....   They call the meeting for 4pm so it can begin at 4:45.   
Then we listened to a solid 1.5 hours of wrangling, all in Spanish, as the two lawyers, Quito and Heredia, try to woo the crowd to their points of view. Then we got less than one minute of English explanation before we all just got up and walked out.   Every Expat I spoke to was feeling exactly the same.  If that ever happened again, this group would lose them all.
I am not a happy camper this evening over that shabby treatment.  They requested our help and visibility, which we have been giving them in much higher proportions than the Ecuadorians, but we are seemingly invisible when they want any decisions.  Grrrrrrrrrr.
They want us to attend another demonstration early in the morning in San Joaquin, and I will go, just because I feel it is my duty.
That will determine whether I support them for other meetings Wednesday and Thursday where things could get real interesting...
No photos today.
That was today’s excitement.  Cheers, Al   

Please see all new photos at http://souvenircuenca.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment if you like...