Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tuesday August 20, 2013

Tuesday August 20, 2013  update #549
Bella started her Bridge lessons today and was very pleased that everyone showed up.
I had already been up and out the door before 8am to take the hour-long bus trip to San Joaquin for our latest demonstration where we were to gather by 9pm.
Of course, we never want to be late but Ecuador time runs the clocks in this country.  The brass doesn’t show up until 9:30 and then about 9:45am  four of them get invited into the SEPS office to palaver.  Some police come over to try to tell us that we can’t take pictures.  I didn’t have to say anything because the Ecuadorians jumped all over him saying “This is our building and we’ll take pictures if we want”.  Those cops went back to the gate with their tails between their legs…
We waited and waited and waited.   By 11:15 my legs and kidneys are telling me to skedaddle so I hurried home.   I expected the group would immediately put out a bulletin of the results but, here it is, 8:30pm and still no word…   And they expect us to create another confrontation at 10am tomorrow??  
This is getting so frustrating that I put together my meager angry thoughts over the past two days and just submitted them to the brass hats.   It will be interesting to hear the reactions.  I am not reinventing the wheel nor even saying much different than anyone else, I am just trying to put things in a cohesive order so we can get a proper course of action in play.
That was today’s excitement.  Cheers, Al   

Please see all new photos at http://souvenircuenca.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment if you like...