Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Wednesday August 7, 2013

Wednesday August 7, 2013  update #536
Chores, chores, and more chores, then a nap…
Bella is busy recuperating, getting a lot of bed rest, reading voraciously and playing bridge online.
We got the word from SEPS that the second round of payouts for the Coopera liquidation will run Aug 12-16 for those folks with deposits under $30,000 so we are still on the sidelines waiting.  I am confident that we will get our money eventually, in full, maybe with less interest, because the precedent has been set now.
I went back to Banco Del Austro this afternoon and finished opening an account.   It is refreshing again to have a Bank Manager that not only speaks English but understands the North American mentality.   A second account in Bella’s name is all ready to go as soon as she feels well enough to drop in.  I can pick up my Debit card which will allow Internet access on Monday.  We are able to do wire transfers here and get a prepaid Credit Card so they are much easier to deal with than Banco Pichincha.
Next I went downtown to Fabiano’s Pizza to meet Barry & Maxine who were buying the Canon 75-300 lens from me.   I was early so I decided to try the pizza, because we weren’t terribly impressed the first time we were there but all our friends seem to like it.  It actually was pretty good today, a close second to La Vina.  Barry & Max showed up and we had a good chat while we all ordered more pizza, mine to go, for Bella.  They had just come back from house-sitting in Quito and are soon off to house-sit in Mexico.  They are certainly enjoying life to the fullest.
Bella enjoyed her pizza too, but agrees that La Vina is still Number One.
My camera never left the bag today so I have worked on some more Pase Del Nino photos for you.
That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al  

Please see all new photos at http://souvenircuenca.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment if you like...