Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Tuesday August 13, 2013

Tuesday August 13, 2013  update #542
I was up until midnight preparing my photo gifts and then hurriedly making a sign to bring to a demonstration planned at City hall by our combined force of Ecuadorians and Expats.  
I left home earlier to make it to my usual Fuji store to get my canvas printing accomplished.   I paid my $22.98 and was told to return at 2pm.
I walked to City Hall and met with our group and we all entered at 11am and then our “Brass” went up to try to talk to the Mayor.   The main group stayed in the lobby chanting slogans and the security guards were looking pretty nervous, keeping their hands on their pistols.  An hour later the Prefect and the lawyer came down and we marched around a couple of blocks to the Justice building before dispersing.  The Mayor had ducked us again.   I don’t think that man will ever get another expat vote.  They ended up presenting their letter to a “Commission” and got written acknowledgement of receipt, which was their goal today. 
Video of our demonstration today at City Hall  http://youtu.be/cz1DYeDdFWg  
We were then told that the Provincial Governor (surprise, surprise) did have an audience with President Correa who claimed no knowledge of our plight but promised to help.  Maybe things are looking up…
One of the head honchos, Peter, got talking to me and it turns out his folks are from Two Hills, Alberta… 
I was busy taking photographs and somehow got drafted to supply photos for uploading to Twitter and to the foreign press, like the Miami Herald.  
I had an hour or more to kill before picking up my photo so I went to san Francisco Market and picked myself up a gorgeous alpaca hoodie that is so nice and warm for $20.  Then I went to the cashmere store and picked up a cashmere pullover for another $20.   I was just heading into Chicago Pizza as the heavens opened for about 20 minutes.  It was already drying up as I exited and went back to the Fuji store.   Even though I was early, my projects were completed, and properly, so I then hopped the #50 home.
I have supplied the required photographs to our Coopera group so we hope they will help the cause.
I hooked up with my old buddy from Montreal, Jay Shink, on Skype tonight and we had a crystal-clear connection.   It sure is an awesome way to communicate.
That was today’s excitement.  Cheers, Al   

Please see all new photos at http://souvenircuenca.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment if you like...