Thursday, August 15, 2013

Thursday August 15, 2013

Thursday August 15, 2013  update #544
Today was another frustrating day overall.  So many balls in the air, and with no indications as to where they would land.
I had received an email wanting me to send my photos from yesterday to one of the Ecuadorian brass of our Coopera protest group so I complied.   Part of the email also asked if myself or Rob would agree to be interviewed on the radio at 6:30.   I replied that I would agree if Rob was not available.   I asked them to phone me if they needed me.
I tried to go for a haircut and the place was closed.  So I came back and did all my chores and went back about 11:45.  I got a quick short haircut and now I definitely look like an eccentric retiree with an unruly grey wig.
We were also trying to arrange a meeting with Villa San Carlos about the Christmas Gala and to coordinate this with everyone’s schedules.  It seemed this afternoon was the only time that would work for everyone so I went ahead and booked the appointment for 3pm.  Luckily everyone was able to show up, on Ecuador time, and we had a very productive meeting indeed.  More on that at a later date.
There was another meeting of the Coopera group at the Prefect’s office at 4pm which I had to pass on and frankly, I needed a short break from that issue.   However the Coopera situation is always on our mind, especially when I wanted to be mentally prepared if I got suddenly called to show up for the radio interview.
Well, I am listening to that interview online as I type this now, and am happily surprised that one of the speakers was Trish LaPlaca who speaks good Spanish, and the other was lawyer Carlos Heredia who is fixated on revitalizing Coopera.  Since everyone is talking in Spanish I can only pick up the gist of what is being said, but at least our message is getting out there.   I also read the reports in two newspapers online about our protest yesterday.   There is talk of a hunger strike Saturday and a trip to Quito Sunday night to try to get the ear of President Correa.   Saturday is Fried Chicken at Joe’s Secret Garden so a hunger strike is not in the cards for me very likely.
Well this twit is now on Twitter just so he can barrage President Correa with Tweets to intervene in the Coopera mess.  I am feeling more like a looney bird every day.
The camera never left its bag today…
That was today’s excitement.  Cheers, Al   

Please see all new photos at http://souvenircuenca.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment if you like...